What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Recorded Books Reader

that's me.  I think Recorded Books does a great job with audiobooks.  No one does it better.  I just finished listening to Falling In by one of my favorite authors, Frances O'Roark Dowell.  It was read by Jessica Almasy, one of my favorite narrators.  This was probably one of the reasons why I enjoyed this book so much.  I see it isn't get great reviews, but I loved it.  At first I thought I wouldn't like it because I am so used to Dowell doing these amazing realistic fiction books like Ten Miles Past Normal and Shooting the Moon and here, Falling In is fantasy.  But FI was very realistic fantasy.  I mean, the main character, Isabelle, is a very real kid, who just doesn't seem to fit in with this world.  She accidentally falls into another world, one in which children must hide in the woods from an evil child-eating witch and she finds that she fits in pretty well there.  Great story and well told and well read, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment