What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kinda Wish I Would Have Read a Paper Book Version

Does that make any sense at all?  I enjoyed The Wednesdays a lot.  I will definitely recommend it.  I think a lot of kids would enjoy this book.  I just think I would have liked it even more if I would have read it the old fashioned way, instead of on my phone.  I can't be sure why though.  Yes, the pictures.  There are pictures and they are rather small on the phone screen.  But it was more than that, I think.  This was just one of those bizarre, funny kids' books, like a Roald Dahl, that I remember enjoying so much in book-book form.  Maybe that is why.
In this little made up village, everyone is afraid of Wednesday.  On Wednesdays, the whole town shuts down.  No school, no work, nothing.  Because there are Wednesdays out there and they cause damage.  Not really evil, serious damage, but enough damage that people stay inside.  Max wants to see a Wednesday though...and so, on his birthday he goes out in search of them.  Well he finds them-- and a bunch of trouble besides.  I also liked that Max's parents were cool.  I don't know why I feel I have to add that, but I did.  Funny and good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment