What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

READ!

Please, please read Gorgeous.  As long as you don't mind some nasty language, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book.  It is hilarious.  I listened to it and the language didn't seem as bad listening to it as it might have been reading it.  This is a magical book!  So funny.  So fantastic.  I loved all of the characters and I won't be able to describe the plot, so just click on the link and read about it from goodreads.com.  But don't miss this book.  It is hilarious for adults and older teens who don't mind a lot of bad language.  Well, there's a lot of bad language, but only from one character, really.  And it just fits who she is, so it didn't bother me.  But man, just set aside the language and get ready to laugh!  This book was written by Paul Rudnick who did the screenplay for a bunch of movies and so I think that's why the book never, ever, ever drags.  Just one awesome sceen after another!  It is unlike anything you have ever read!  It is great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment