What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, November 4, 2013

I am Goliath-sized, but I think of a myself as a David

but who knows?  David and Goliath is the title of the new book by Malcolm Gladwell.  I have been waiting for this since I missed the ARC at ALA.  I wasn't bold enough to ask the vendors at Little, Brown and Co. for one.  So I waited and waited and now I just finished it!  I loved it!
One time, someplace, I read an article about books by "authors like Gladwell" who write pop-sociology and pop-psychology being simplistic or childish or whatever.  It made me feel sad.  It made me feel as though I was less of person for enjoying his books.  So yeah.  I just wanted to admit to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment