What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

First Off...

I want to just say outright, that I feel guilty in saying that I enjoyed Sharon Flake's  You Don't Know Me, more than Every Man for Himself: ten short stories about being a guy.   I mean, Sharon Flake ISN'T a guy and the guys who wrote the stories in Every Man, well, they ARE guys!  And the guys of Every Man are seriously wonderful writers.  Mo Willems, Walter Dean Meyers, I Don't Like Fat People David Levithan, Ron Koertge, I mean these are some of my favorite writers!  Some of these stories were super great.  Walter Dean Meyers' story, for example.  No surprise there!   What I realized now is that I listened to the audiobook and therefore, didn't get to read the whole book!  Some of the content is in graphic novel form.  My local library doesn't own it, so I asked my brother, who is a librarian at a library that does own it so that he can bring it to me!  Then I will finish this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment