What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, July 7, 2014

A great book but now I will take a little break

I have been getting obsessed with the Rick Geary Treasury of Victorian Murder graphic nonfiction titles.  I do need to take a little break from them, but I will definitely go back to them soon, maybe around Halloween, which is fast approaching!  The last two Sundays I filled the pulpit up at Bradford Woods Community Church and that was my focus on off-work hours.  My reading slowed, so now I need to get back into it will full-force and and obsession of any kind is never good when trying to expand my reading experience!  
I think A Treasury of Victorian Murder MIGHT have been the first in what has become a series of individual graphic works, like the ones I have talked about here:  the assassination of Garfield and H.H. Holmes and Madeleine Smith.  I say might because I still don't understand the whole language and set up and organization of graphic works, like compendiums and collected volumes and things like that!
In any case, this volume featured there creepy stories:  the murders of brother and sister, Nick and Mary Ryan, the murderous Dr. Pritchard, and Mary Pearcey.

No comments:

Post a Comment