What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Running Away to Join the Circus

Gary Paulsen, one of my most favorite authors, did run away to join a carnival.   Tiltawhirl John is based somewhat on his experiences.  Kate and M. Sarah Klise are also two of my most favorite authors, but as far as I know they never ran away to join a circus or a carnival, yet they sure do a wonderful job of bringing a traveling circus to life in their Three-Ring Rascals series.  I loved the first three installments of this series about Sir Sidney's Circus.  Pop Goes the Circus is a terrific addition.  This series is a huge hit both of the libraries where I work.  I recommend it all of the time to both guys and girls.  It is a good idea to read them in order, especially now that the stories are getting more character driven.   M. Sarah Klise does the illustrations and they are hilarious and the story by sister Kate is just so good that kids will want to read it in one sitting.  I always look forward to a book from these sisters and this series is a huge favorite of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment