What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, December 29, 2014

David

So a million years ago, in another life, I was a pastor.  One of the kids in the youth group was a young lad by the name of David.  He was a very special child who grew into a very special young man.  Today he is a professional counselor.  He is a young man of great faith and incredible insight and well, just a heart of gold.  A gentle soul.  David really spoke highly of Rob Bell.  David's recommendation of Bell was the first time I had heard the name.  For whatever reason though, I never even looked up the dude on the wikipedia.
Then last month a new friend of mine, also a person of great faith and incredible insight sent me a link to a Drops Like Stars.  That I would count the book as having been read is probably cheating.  And if I would have been on the edge of my yearly goal of books read, I wouldn't have counted it, but since I made the goal, I figured it was okay, because this was just a fantastic experience.  And if you can't watch the video or would rather read the book, whatever!  Just in some way, have a look at this.
I can't thank this new friend enough for sending this to me.  It came at the most perfect time and was balm for a soul that was hurting.
This Bell is really sharp.  There is so much here for anyone who has ever experienced life.  So yeah, for everyone.
Great.  Great.  Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment