What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, January 12, 2015

I tried

Greenglass House has been getting Newbery buzz.  I have little doubt that it will win.  I didn't like it at all.  It just seems to be the safe Newbery choice.  I tried three times to read this.  I ended up buying the audio book just so I could get through it.  Even on 3x speed, it took 467 hours.
This book has been compared to other books I just couldn't get through, like From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and The Westing Game.  So if you liked those books,  you may very well like Greenglass House.  I tried and tried, I did finish it but it was rough going.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny Reving! I also did not like From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler nor The Westing Game, also. A matter of fact, when I read the reviews of Greenglass House being compared to The Westing Game, I decided right then and there to spend my time reading other books. I did not read Greenglass House. If it is receives Newbery or an honor I will trudge through it--just to say I read it.

    ReplyDelete