What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Storming the Beaches

My dear friend Sharon visited Normandy this summer.  It was one of those things on her Bucket List and I am so glad she got go.  She couldn't really put into words how moving it was.  For that reason when I saw D-Day:  the Invasion of Normandy, 1944 I wanted to have a listen.
This is the first book that I have read by Rick Atkinson and the guy is a Pulitzer winner so you know he is beyond good, but maybe writing for kids just isn't his thing or maybe I was just used to Jim Murphy and Steve Sheinkin who do nonfiction for young people so very, very well.
Still, this was a very good book and sure to be well liked by those interested in the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment