What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Normal is...

There are all of those sayings, well maybe there is just one saying, you know that one "normal is just a setting on a washing machine"?
What is "normal"?
There is no way to define normal, is there, really?
And even in the book title, Define "Normal" the Normal is in quotes.  And I know I have made air quotes around that word when speaking it aloud.
This book reminded me a bit of Don't You Dare Read this, Mrs. Dunphrey.  But not in that I was bored or feel like I didn't need to read it.  It was different enough.
This was very good.  And addressed the fact that every one has their own pain and problems and we can't rate or rank pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment