What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Emoticons

Unfriended grabbed me with the cover and I am glad it did!  Rachel Vail is the author of the Avery Sister Trilogy and I really enjoyed them and had forgotten to check to see what she had written lately!  So this was a very good discovery!  This book gives a really good lesson, but  not preachy or overtly, about bullying, in particular, cyberbullying.  It also just shows how there are really no "all good" or "all bad" people.  I loved the reasons shown behind the actions of Natasha, the "bad, but not all bad" one, that kind of thing.  And of course, Hazel, who probably did things that were more heinous, but yet, it was easy to see how people make bad choices from a place of pain.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment