What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

I have probably mentioned here before that while my politics lean to the left, I am an admirer of President Reagan.  Maybe it is just because he was president when I was a kid and I didn't know about all of the negative.  I just saw the good-looking, Hollywood man who was proud to be an American and his pretty, classy wife.  One of his most famous speeches contained the phrase I put in the post title.  Of course, he was referring to the Berlin Wall.  Today we have a president who claims to admire Reagan but our president is no Ronald Reagan.  Indeed, our current president is no James Buchanan even and will probably dethrone poor Buchanan as the worst president ever.  Our best president ever was President Obama and as I have admitted, I was a late-comer to the party, really pulling for and supporting Secretary Clinton when she was Senator Clinton and wanted to be the second President Clinton.  I am also a big LBJ fan and of course, a Kennedy Girl, so you can see that my politics are left-leaning.  A Night Divided is historical fiction, about a family physically split by the construction of the Berlin Wall.  Not knowing much of this part of history, I found this book to be excellent in all ways.  Loved it, loved it, loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment