What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

And the World Rejoices

okay so maybe not "the world" but surely the one or two people who read this blog will rejoice or at least say, "Oh, huh.  I guess she didn't write that much last year."
But 2019 was tough for a lazy person like me, who will use an any excuse in the world to explain my laziness away.
It began in a terrifying way, with the word cancer.  It was not I who was diagnosed, but it would have been my choice to take it on instead of seeing my heart fight the fight.  Thanks to an incredible God-empowered health care team, the fight was won.  But I will never forget the horror of the waiting, the praying, the feeling of helplessness. 
Many dear friends lost the earthly presence of their loved ones early in the year and throughout it. 
In November my dear mother went Home to God.  Here is her obituary.   This is still very hard and will always be, but I honestly feel her presence and I know she is healed.
Another heart-breaking cancer diagnosis came in the fall and that battle is still being fought by an amazing woman I love so much. 
I left a part-time job at which I had worked for 18 years to take another one and I love and miss my old job and love and cherish my new one. 
At the same time I know that my year was much better than most.
And for that I am grateful.
And to whom much is given, much is required.  And so I am going to try to be a better steward this year of all that I have and cherish.
So this is Day One. 
Let's see what happens. 
Thank You, God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment