What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

More Complications

Aren't there always? Of course, Whatever After is not complicated for me!  I love this series and was thrilled to see the second Super Special Abby in Oz.  I see that it listed as Whatever after 13.5 on goodreads.  The first Super Special was Abby in Wonderland.  The Super Specials seem to be books, whereas the "regular" Whatever After books are fairy tale-based and while the regular WA books feature Abby and her brother traveling into a story, it seems that the Super Specials feature Abby heading into fiction with her friends.
That is not complicated for me either, I love both kinds!
BUT what is complicated is the whole Wizard of Oz thing...I know it is a book, but I am thinking of the movie.  And I know that because of TWOOZ, Judy will indeed, as Frank said, never be forgotten BUT she was so abused as a child actress.  Not just by her mother but also by that rotten Louie B. and so it is hard. 
I guess I am thankful for Oz because it can serve as a gateway to finding out more about Judy.  But it pains me to think of her time at MGM. 
So the book was great!  It is just Oz that is complicated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment