What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kisses We Remember

After the Kiss was a big book. Nearly 400 pages. Still it seemed to move much more slowly than I thought it would and hoped it would. When I finished it, though, I realized that it took longer because it was all written in poetry. It just takes awhile to go through books written like that, well it takes ME awhile anyway. This book is told from the point of view of two girls and the one gal doesn't use capital letters and I'm the kind of person who uses capital letters in my text messaging so I found that a bit annoying and it was hard for me to follow. Still I thought After was a good book, worth reading. The voices of the teens were authentic, even though both girls seemed wiser than the average 17 year old, or maybe the average 17 year old is just wiser than I am when it comes to love. Becca and Camile both live in suburbs of Atlanta and they never really get to know each other at all but they have a lot in common. The most obvious commonality is Alec. Alec and Becca are a hot item. Camile is a new girl in town. Camile's new boyfriend is Alec. But but the problem is, Becca doesn't know that. I have spent my time in every role in this triangle of disaster and I appreciated the the author's realistic portrayal of the emotions that each member of the love triangle experiences. I almost appreciated them too much as I found myself a bit sad in places, remembering. I need a funny book next, with a touch of serial killer thrown in for good measure. The latest from Dexter is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment