What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Runaways Vol. 4 The True Believers

So now I am up to The Runaways Vol. 4 The True Believers. But this one is just six issues instead of the 18 that the Vol. 1 contained. I guess I'll never figure out how graphic novels work. The collections of them I mean. Vol. 1 actually had volumes 1-3 inside- 18 issues. It is a big ole honkin' hardback. Vol. 4 is just six issues, like I said, in a little paperback. Much easier to hold when reading in bed, but man, I blew through it so quickly and now I have to wait for Vol. 5, another paperback, presumably containing six issues, to come in through interlibrary loan. I don't know how I could have lasted, waiting issues to issue! That's how much I truly enjoy The Runaways. In this volume the kids on the run find themselves back together, fighting crime. I can't give away more of the plot twists but suffice it to say that the stories keep getting better, the characters seem even more developed and intriguing and I'm irritated that the next one isn't in my hot little hands right now! On a happier note, while all of the libraries in my county only have nine volumes of Runaway material, I was at Borders today and saw a tenth! Published this year! More to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment