What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Teenager

This is one of those series that just gets better as it goes along. Well maybe not...I mean all of them have been awesome! So it isn't like there was an improvement even needed, but maybe what I mean is that I am liking main character Winnie Perry even more as she grows up. Winnie is now officially a teenager in, da da da da....drumroll as we announce the shocking title THIRTEEN! I guess now I can officially add this book to my list of YA titles for the year since I see that many libraries have it in YA and, after all, it is about a thirTEEN year old. But this book is still great for tweens, too. Even though it has been banned a lot. So I guess it isn't great for all tweens. But maybe some. So maybe it is just good to say that parents who are worried about it should read it first if they want to monitor what their kid is reading if they are worried about the technical terms for body parts. There. Fair warning to all book banners.
I love how Winnie's voice has changed, gotten older, as the series goes on, but she is still Winnie. These books aren't preachy at all, which is a major plus. I can't wait for the next one to come in at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment