What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

East Coast vs. West Coast

I had been to Seattle prior to my trip out west in the spring, but it was for such a short time, and only the the city itself, so prior to my spring trip, I knew nothing about the West Coast. Granted I still know close to nothing, but I've seen people who've spent their whole life in Dormont claim to be West Coast-style and I've heard many a person who's never been further west, or east than Monroeville holla that they are East Coast till they die, so I figure I can explore the West Coast-East Coast drama as much as they can. I have been all over the East Coast so that counts for something! I definately think that as far as my personal tastes go, I lean more toward the East. Every online quiz I've taken, however, puts me in the West. Still I like the sense of history and tradition and formality of the East. On the other hand, I am Tupac till I die, and more than a bit obsessed with L.A. But NYC? Oh I love it as well. Still if I am being completely honest, I wonder if I am neither coast. My heart is filled with happiness when I'm in in Wisconsin and Minnesota. They feel like home to me. Driving through the fields of Indiana, I am at peace. Am I No Coast? There's only one way to tell- keep on truckin.

No comments:

Post a Comment