What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It was too good to last

Oh no. Is it happening? Has my time as an avid, obsessive reader come to an end? After the mess of Castration Celebration and having completed The Runaways, I find myself with nothing to read. And nothing sparks my interest. I am listening to, Linger, the sequel to Shiver, and finding it so horribly painful. Maybe Castration and Linger have destroyed my already precarious interest in turbo-reading. Also I've had some nasty tummy bug for three days now. Oh and there are no more Lauren Myracle books in the Winnie series left to devour. Grim. Things are grim, indeed. If I blame it on those factors I might be less likely to panic. But the thing is, its more than that. I have a new obsession. And when I have a new obsession, well, that generally means good-bye to the old one. My new obsession is Alice. Oh if it were Naylor's series! Oh if it were Go Ask Alice! Then the reading could continue. Alas, no. My Alice obsession is with the sitcom. The amazing sitcom from the 70s and 80s staring Linda Lavin, Vic Tayback, Beth Howland, Philip McKeon, Polly Holiday, followed by Diane Ladd and Cecila Weston. What a wonderful show. What wonderful theme songs! There were several variations, did you know? What will happen? Will I read again? Or will I be singing "There's a new girl in town and she's lookin good!" and saying "Kiss ma grits!" for the next six months? As with all of life, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment