What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Even if you think you don't like history...

I bet you will still enjoy The Sons of Liberty.  I would also bet that there is a decent chance you will LOVE it, rip right through it and wish that the second volume was coming out TODAY instead of next spring. Once again I have the glamorous Kelly to thank for another winning recommendation. 
Graham and Brody are two runaway slaves living during the time of Benjamins Lay and Franklin.  They aren't ordinary men though...because Franklin's wack-a-doo son, William has been messing with his daddy's new discovery, electricity, and he has done some serious experimenting on the boys, turning them into superhero dudes.
The novel has all kinds of themes like slavery, prejudice, heck even scientific ethics!  But it does so in a totally awesome, fast paced, excellently drawn way.   It is kind of cool to try to figure out how much of the history is real and how much is sci fi and/or fantasy.  Great new series!  I love Graham and Brody!  Check out the series website

No comments:

Post a Comment