What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Friday Night Fright - Hobbs Manor

Friday night was full of surprises. First of all, we found an entirely new haunt! Hobbs Manor, held in the Indiana Township Municipal Building. Who knew!

Two years ago Sharon and Theresa and I went to a creative stand out at the Syria Mosque which was affiliated with "Chilly" Billy Cardille, The Temple of Terror. We were all disappointed when it didn't return last year. Happily those folks are haunting a new place, full of great actors with a lot of enthusiasm. No big animatronics here, nor were they needed. Three times I was so surprised by an actor that I jumped around like a scared rabbit.
The man in charge also ran West Deer Nightmare, which I had read about, but never attended, though I'm sure it was a good one.
I wish this new attraction all the best and will spread the word and return next year for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Due to prior commitments on Friday the 15th, Ing and I were not able to venture too far away from the area so we came across Hobb’s manor in Indiana Township, on the KDKA’s website. This was exciting because this was a new haunted house to visit and it was only a 20-minute drive.

    Hobb’s was a nice surprise and well worth the $10 to get in. This attraction focused more on scaring you the good old fashion way by using actors verses an overload of animatronics which by the way did you ever notice always seems to activate to early or too late when you go by. Not at Hobb’s, you had actors in front of you, behind you and even above you. The overall look and feel of the attraction was spooky, and for their first year I think they did a great job assembling a very talented group of actors that love scaring you. This haunted house used some very tasteful props and costumes, while no big huge animatronics there was plenty of fog/smoke.

    Scariness I give them 7 skulls, and atmosphere 7 pumpkins. I didn’t notice if they offered any food or beverages at this attractions.

    ReplyDelete