What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

BlackBerry 9930. WHEN! WHEN!

I pretty much love this cartoon.  Since I am going to be 40 soon, I don't mind being seen as an oldster.  I am one!  And I thought long and hard about trying a Droid or an iphone, but I just couldn't make the switch.  So I am holding out for the new BlackBerries that are promised to come out some time before the end of the year.  Yes, I know RIM is having its troubles.  But I would rather stay loyal for now, not just out of the sense of loyal itself, but also because I think that BlackBerry is just superior.  I don't want a giant cell phone that weighs a million pounds and is bigger than the one I bought in 1997.  I really don't care about screen size, as I don't think my Kindle screen is small enough and read off the BB anyway!  I don't want a touch screen-only keyboard.  As much as I love my MacBook Pro and my itouch and all of the other Apple Wonders, the iphone seems like a toy to me and in my phone I want something serious.  The only Droids with real keyboards are from Motorola and since the StarTac, they haven't made a dependable phone.  So my next phone will be a BlackBerry.  And I hope the one after that and the one after that and the one after that will be one also.  So come on, Verizon!  Where is that 9930?

No comments:

Post a Comment