What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Road is Long and Long and Well....Really Long.

Wow.  So I started listening to Morpheus Road:  The Black on or around June 21.  And I just finished it a couple of days ago.  I was excited to find it on an MP3 instead of 328,288 CDs (as I am sure it would take to hold this long (did I mention it's long) audiobook.  I was leaving for New Orleans and I loved the first book so I thought it would be awesome to listen to the next one in the trilogy.
If there really is anything to judging a book by its cover, then I should have known that The Black wasn't going to be quite as good as The Light.
The Light was told from the POV of the living Marshall Seaver, best friend of the dead Cooper Foley.  In The Light (the living world) Seaver is trying to find out first what happened to his friend Cooper and then, once his body is discovered, he is trying to find out who (or what) killed him.  He is also trying to avoid being killed by his own comic-book-creature-come-to-life, Gravedigger.
In The Black we have the POV of Cooper, how he learns to make his way around the world of the dead and keep Marshall from joining him all too soon.
We meet the bad guy and his army of bad folks who want to take over the world of the living (and the dead).  I liked the book, but it isn't grip me (obviously) the way that the first one did.  Still, it caught me enough to want to read the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment