What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Fire of a Fury


I was so excited to get my hands on the ARC of Fury's Fire, the sequel to Siren's Storm. Thank you Random House and netgalley.com!Fury's Fire is an excellent sequel to Siren's Storm. I actually liked it better than the first book, though I did enjoy Siren's Storm very much. The pacing is much better in Fury's Fire and the characters continue their development. This is a face-paced, fresh look at the mysteries of the sea and the creatures that inhabit it. It is paranormal, but it is believable. We learn more about Gretchen and her connection to the Sirens of long ago. There are surprises, but they make sense and fit with the story. I am not sure if the ending bodes well for another installment, but I hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment