What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Black Annis

The Shadowing Book 2:  Skinned was a long time a coming for me.  I loved the first book and whipped through it in no time, just like I did with this second offering.  Callum is the last of the Chime Children and it is his job to keep the demons from the Netherworld from taking over the world.  But there is an evil coven of humans trying to bring the demons on out.  It's up to Callum, his friend Melissa, his Gran and a ghost boy and ghost dog to stop it all from happening.
In this book the coven is trying to sacrifice the beast Black Annis, who kills children and eats them.  Sounds like Allegheny County Foster Care, doesn't it?  But it isn't as scary because it is fiction.  Still it is very scary.  And very good.  And I love Callum very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment