What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Love Me a Western


I am probably more surprised than anyone that I have fallen in love with westerns. First it was Virgil and Everett and now it is Logan Sackett. I mean aren't westerns supposed to be for old dudes? But now that I think about it...what ISN'T a girl to love about rugged, honorable, hot men? I mean...why do old dudes like westerns? I think In the case of Virgil, Everett and Logan, well, I can't think of any girl who wouldn't fall in love with these guys! I met Logan Sackett in my first Louis L'Amour book ever, Ride the Dark Trail.   Man. It was good, good, good. I caught the first 1/2 hour of it on Book Radio, and had to get the CD. Logan is a drifter from Tennessee who ends up in Colorado where Em Talon, a woman in her 60s, is trying to defend her home and land from a dirtbag in town and his boys who want to take it from her. Talon is a tough as nails and it turns out, she is a Sackett from Tennessee, too. Logan starts to ride for Em and help her defend her ranch. I loved this book! I loved strong Logan. And I loved Em, too because she is one strong woman! I especially love this quote from Logan, "
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for." Yeah, it ends with a preposition, but still....

No comments:

Post a Comment