What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, August 15, 2014

But Not for Me...

Beautiful song.  What Came from the Stars is by one of my most favorite authors, Gary D. Schmidt, but man...I really didn't understand this book.  I think it is just too intelligent for me.  I listened to it and think that maybe, if I had read it, I would have been able to tell the characters apart a little better.  The book takes place in two worlds.  The parts that are in our world, well I really did like those.  But the other worldly part was just way too much for me.  If you like high fantasy, you will like this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment