What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Chiggers, Finally

The same young patron who recommended Frindle to me has been telling me about Chiggers for years.  She does the whole summer camp thing and so it makes sense that she would like a summer camp story.  This is a graphic novel and I usually like them a lot, but I found it hard to keep track of the who was who in this one, so that took a lot away from the book, for me.
I think that if someone has gone to summer camp, they will relate to this book a lot better than I did and maybe get more out of it.  Of course, I would have been FAR TOO CHICKEN TO EVEN THINK ABOUT SUMMER CAMP because of some of the topics explored in this graphic novel.  Like cliques, which scare me and make me sad.  So it was a quick read, but not much to write home about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment