What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

What a Good Idea!

If you are Joan Rivers, the whole idea built around things that you hate is a great idea.  I Hate Everyone...Starting with Me is a book that no one but Joan Rivers could have written successfully.
There are some brilliant lines in here.  And I enjoyed every bit of this book. Especially now, after learning what I always suspected, that Joan was a truly loving woman, who gave so much to so many.
Next week I am hosting a comedy show.  Hosting isn't so bad.  I am not a very funny stand-up comic and while the host needs to be entertaining, the host should never overshadow the real comics.  I never need to worry about the overshadowing part, but standing up to do storytime makes me nervous and stand-up always makes me super nervous.
At first I was going to say that stand-up shouldn't make me more nervous than preaching because preaching is far more important...but you know...preaching makes me very nervous, but ultimately, hopefully, what I say is what God wants me to say that day.  I don't always say it well, but that is what I am doing.
Hmmm....now that I think about it...shouldn't I try, shouldn't we ALL strive to say what God wants us to say?  In stand-up, in storytime, in conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment