What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Oh how I waited!

for the publication of Jala's Mask.  I knew about it for a long time because I know Rachel Ross, who is Rachel Grinti of Rachel and Mike Grinti!  I was actually the muse for this book!
Not really.
But I love Rachey and I get to work with her every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!  And she is just an amazing person and so that is why I was a little bit worried when I found out that their new book was not a kids book or a teen book.  And that is why I was even more worried when I found out that Jala's Mask was fantasy.  And that is also why I was MOST terrified when I found out there was LOVE in it!  How in the heck was I going to enjoy this book?
Well, it was easy.  Quite easy.  I opened it, started reading and "What is that giant sucking sound?"  It was me, being sucked into Jala's Mask and loving every single minute of it.
I loved their first book, Claws.  But keep in mind, while that was fantasy, which isn't my thing, it was still a kids book.  And I loved, loved, loved it.  But I was so worried that I wouldn't understand Jala's Mask, but man....this book is just incredible.  The whole world that Rachel and Mike built here is one that seems as real as Bethel Park or Upper St. Clair.  But different, of course!  But real!  Like you could honestly find them on a map.


No comments:

Post a Comment