What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Seeing Ants

A.S. King is just an incredible writer.  Everybody Sees the Ants is very different from the other books I have read by her.  But now that I think about it, every book I have ever read by King is different from the last, because she is such a great writer.
This one is told from a male POV and it deals with a subject very near and dear to my heart and prayers. The MIA/POW soldiers.
Lucky Linderman is named after the grandfather he has never met, the grandfather who never came back from Vietnam.  But Lucky visits his grandfather, tries to bring him home.  He also is working through his dysfunctional family and the horrible bullying that he has endured at school.
Just another fantastic book from King.

No comments:

Post a Comment