What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, November 24, 2014

When a Book Comes at a Bad Time

Hard Love was especially hard for me to listen to at time I checked it out because I was going through some hard love experiences right then.
Yeah, right.
Anyway....it was not a good time to be listening to this book.  Love is hard, crushes are hard.  Ugh.  I can't even keep going on about this because I am going to cry.
Anyway, dude loves girl but girl loves girls. Dude is already super sad because his mother won't even let herself brush up against him, let alone give him a hug since dad left.  Mom getting remarried.  Ah, this is just a sad, sad, sad book.  But hopeful in the end.  Unlike my crush situation, which I totally blew.
And so now I am listening to Only the Strong Survive and Mama Said.
AAAAHHHHHH no more crying.
But I will take this post to give a loving and thankful shout out to my dear friend, Mrs. Pintar who is my WW Sponsor.  (Like AA, but with food, you know?)
It was a terrible time.  I had totally made a fool out of myself and McDonald's was still serving breakfast. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuits were calling my name.  But I have been on WW since January 2 and I have lost 93.7 lbs. up to that day.  I am now at 94.7 lbs, so you can see that my amazing friend came through for me and pulled me from the darkness of despair.  I had apples instead!
Okay.  No more.  I am done.  Blah!  What a great but sad, sad book.  But so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment