What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Don't Linger Too Long

What a great disappointment. Linger, the sequel to the wonderful Shiver was such a mess that I know it was part of my sad reading-slow-down. Some of it might have to do with the fact that I listened to it and the person who was Sam in this one was just terrible. And he SANG some of his ridiculous songs. Plus there were all kinds of indie rock names thrown around, and yes, I had heard of them, but no it wasn't necessary to all at once date the book and make it sound pretentious. Oh my gosh. What a mess.
What a bunch of whiners everyone was!
Oh my gosh.
Shiver had a lot of drama to it, a lot more to it than romance. This is a very romantic book about two people who aren't werewolves. This book is nothing but a really bad rip off of the Bella-Edward romance with no action to speak of until the end and then it is just soooooo slow, so totally dragged on out there that you just wish that it would end. But it just goes on and on.
I am really disappointed because I was so looking forward to this, but what a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment