What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Fail

After winning Nano last year, I just don't think I have it in me this year. Not just because I am behind, which I am, but not by too-too much, but just because I feel like I haven't made it a priority. I have had so many new things going on in the last year, some have been blessings and some have been challenges, and I just don't think that I have what it takes to win this year. I know that it is just the 11th, and I hate to throw in the towel so soon, but I think that I must.
The other thing is that I am way behind in my reading. I only pledged to read 100 books this year and I've done 119, but last year I read 202, and so I feel like I am seriously falling out of step here.
Also I just got a copy of Robert B. Parker's Killing the Blues by Michael Brandman. I am so anxious to see if Jesse Stone lives on! I am going to read it with an open mind but I miss Parker so much!
I really wanted to write a novel before I turned 40 and I did, so I am cool with that.
Ok, I am sad! But I have to deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment