What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'll Fly Away

Birdland was okay.  I liked it.  I did.  I mostly liked the audiobook reader, Dion Graham.  I don't think I would have read it, made it through I mean, by just reading-reading.  Graham really is good and he gave the book a unique flavor and personality that the book, well, it just didn't do it for me.
It is a sad story, a good one, about a young man, Jed, who is mourning the loss of his brother who died from diabetes the year before.  His death has caused their dad to drift away from his faith and the family.  I don't know. It just didn't do it for me.
Oh it was cool learning about NYC's water towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment