What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm Looking Through You


Wow!  Just in time for Halloween, Break My Heart 1,000 Times is a great mix of serial killer suspense and other-wordly hauntings!  Fantastic!  I have never read a book by Waters, but now must go back and do so.  He reminds me a bit of another favorite of mine, Jeffrey Ford.  Different, well-written and creepy!  
The Event killed many people in the United States and since then, ghosts are everywhere.  Images really, the dead doing mundane tasks, like Ronnie's dad who drinks coffee and reads the paper every morning at 7:15 am or Brian who combs his hair in Ronnie's bathroom.  The dead sometimes are reliving their deaths in gruesome manners, but mostly everyone has just gotten used to them being around.
But there is more to the story than these ghost images.  There is a strange teacher, who is missing his dead daughter, who believes if he kills just the right girl at just the right time, is daughter will be reborn.
Well Ronnie is the right girl.  And she has to figure out how not to become her teacher's next victim.
Awesome!  Excellent!  Great for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment